Trip, Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip, Trip, Fall and Premises Accidents Lawyer in New York City
NYC Property Owners Must Keep Properties Clear or Pay the Price
Property owners in New York City are expected to keep their premises clear of debris and well maintained. This is the law. If you have been hurt or a loved one has been harmed because of a slip and fall, trip and fall, or other premises liability accident, my law firm is here to help you seek full and fair compensation for injuries suffered. This is my job as your attorney.
After more than 34 years of practice in lower Manhattan, I continue to fight tirelessly for my clients' rights. And I derive great satisfaction from helping my clients recover after suffering serious, sometimes permanent, injury and hardship from a slip, trip or fall accident.
Each client is treated as a person—not a number. I care about those who turn to my law firm for help. Questions about your accident? Call 646-475-23866 or or complete the electronic contact form for your free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer today.
I have won verdicts and obtained settlements for clients in situations such as these:
- Spills in supermarkets and delis that caused serious injuries
- Trips and falls on sidewalks, roadways and parking lots
- Rodent problems in apartment buildings in which an infant was bit and nearly died
- Stairway falls due to cracked or broken steps, uneven steps, slippery steps and faulty handrails, including a handrail that was mounted too close to the wall
- A trip down stairs at a subway entrance caused by accumulated newspaper debris on the stairs due to a newsstand owner using the stairs as storage
- Slips and falls due to wet floors, foreign substances and debris
- Slips and falls on icy or snowy sidewalks or otherwise hazardous walkways
- A fall into a hole at a construction site
- Elevator and escalator falls
Tackling the Tough and Unusual Cases
I do not fear tough or unusual cases. My depth of legal knowledge and experience allows me to thoroughly investigate with flexibility and creativity, accessing information and insights that others with less experience may not consider. In a recent case, a client came to me after being struck in the head with pigeon feces while in the garage area of the building where he worked. It then dribbled into his eye, causing severe visual difficulties including partial blindness. Where other attorneys may have turned that client away, I was able to identify and prove that the owner of the building was aware of the pigeons roosting in the building rafters, and did nothing about it. I was therefore able to obtain a substantial recovery for that client.
Contact an Attorney Soon After the Accident
Contact an attorney as soon as possible after the accident, so that key evidence is not cleaned up or destroyed.
Call 646-475-2386 | E-Mail Attorney Melvyn S. Jacknowitz
Hurt in a premises liability accident or other accident that was not your fault? I offer a free case evaluation and consultation, with no obligation, in which you can get your questions answered and consider your legal options. I represent clients in personal injury matters on a contingency basis. You do not pay attorney's fees unless I am able to obtain money compensation for you. Se habla español.