Jump to Navigation

Drunk Driving and Alcohol-Related Injuries/Dram Shop Liability

New York City Lawyer Helping Clients Injured in Drunk Driving Accidents

Drunk drivers should know not to be on the road. No exceptions. If a drunk driver has caused an accident in which you were involved and injured, I am prepared to seek to hold the driver as well as the person who served the driver alcohol accountable for your injuries to the full extent of the law.

Each client is treated as a person—not a number. I care about those who turn to my law firm for help. Questions about an accident with a drunk driver? Call 646-475-2386 or complete the electronic contact form for your free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer today.

Practicing Exclusively Personal Injury Law Since 1975

My name is Melvyn S. Jacknowitz, and I have practiced personal injury and wrongful death law throughout the five boroughs of New York City and Nassau and Westchester counties for more than 34 years.

Investigate All Avenues of Liability

In my work for seriously injured people or those who have lost loved ones in fatal accidents, I zealously investigate every avenue of liability. If a bartender served the drunk driver alcohol, New York City has a "dram shop liability" law, which holds a host or bar owner liable for injuries or wrongful death. Even a private party host may be held accountable. A recent interpretation of the law now provides that even the spouse of a drunk driver who caused an accident may be able to sue the bar for his or her loss.

I will carefully look at your injuries, your life situation and your potential needs over the course of your lifetime. All of that will figure into my pursuit of a fair and appropriate settlement for your injuries and other losses.

Free Initial Consultation—646-475-2386 | E-Mail

Injured in a drunk driving accident or other accident that was not your fault? I offer a free case evaluation and consultation, with no obligation. I represent clients in personal injury matters on a contingency basis. This means that you do not pay an attorney's fee unless I am able to obtain money compensation for you.